The latest partnership in the Asia Waterjet product portfolio is with KOKS Special Products, a key part of The KOKS Group. Set up in 1989 and based in Alkmaar in the North of Holland, KOKS have established themselves as one of the most dynamic manufacturers of Industrial Vacuum Trucks in the world.
KOKS Special Products specialise in manufacturing vacuum trucks for the handling of hazardous materials in the Oil and Gas and Municipal market sectors with their trucks designed and constructed in accordance with some of the strictest European standards. These include PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) and ADR (Ceoc) as well as optional ATEX Rated pump systems or SIR (Industrial Cleaning Fundation) versions depending on the requirement.
KOKS Special Products is affiliated to the SIR, an organisation aimed at improving the safety levels in industrial cleaning situations (in Holland and Belgium). In order to accomplish this SIR issues regulations in relation to personnel and equipment. KOKS Special Products is an authorized and competent SIR inspection facility and audited by the SIR every year.
With the addition of AWE’s local support the partnership is aimed at improving an already strong G.C.C presence with the supply of two of KOKS core products – The EcoVac™ and MegaVac™.
The units are already proven to cope with the harsh Middle Eastern environments and are built as standard on Euro 3 MAN chassis’.
Built as standard to ADR regulations the EcoVac will further increase the quality levels expected within the region and will become the minimum standard required by petrochemical plants and refineries in relation to the suction, transportation and offloading of hazardous fluid materials such as fuels, oils, sludge’s and chemicals.
With the strict regulations of the Dutch market in mind, the strength and quality of the EcoVac has quickly been recognised worldwide, making it become one of the most successful export products for KOKS.
The huge 3000m3/h liquid ring pump installed as standard in the KOKS EcoVac range offers a very high suction performance to help process large quantities of (fluid) substances. This significantly reduces the time and ultimately the cost associated with such a project.
The EcoVac is available in a number of different configurations, including;
- The ‘Loader’ – with a self contained diesel engine and fixed on a frame based on a 20ft container with corner casting so it can be installed on customer supplied trailer
- The ‘Combi’ – with an integrated high pressure pump, up to 250horse power and 1000 bar, to undertake additional heavy duty cleaning applications
- The ‘RDR’ – with an integrated gas scrubber cleaner system
- The ‘Container’ – a standalone vacuum, containerised and without chassis and to be used in combination with a separate storage vessel. Can be built for safe use in an offshore environment.
The MegaVac uses a powerful Roots air displacement system and onboard filtration system to make it suitable for heavy duty wet and dry applications such as Catalyst, Sand, Sludge, Ash and Powders.
The system is available in PED or ADR (Ceoc) versions and built in accordance with all applicable safety standards.
The blower produces up to 96% vacuum (28 Hg”) and air displacement of 8,100 m³/h. (4,800cfm)
The MegaVac is also available in a number of different configurations, including;
- The ‘Loader’ – with a self contained diesel engine and fixed on a frame based on a 20ft container with corner casting so it can be installed on customer supplied trailer.
- The ‘Trailer’ – is a self supporting vacuum trailer to be used in combination with a tractor chassis. With its own diesel engine and large spoils tank it has the advantage of reducing the number of trailer movements.
- The ‘Cyclone Loader’ – self sufficient vacuum and silo storage and metering unit for movement and bagging of hazardous dry materials.
- The ‘Container’ – a standalone vacuum, containerised and without chassis and to be used in combination with a separate storage vessel. Can be built for safe use in an offshore environment